Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Fun Parody

Chloe and Duncan made up this parody a few months ago... I thought it was rather clever, hence my posting it...

The original song was Johnny Cash's Cry Cry Cry, which doesn't necessarily have the best lyrics... But just so you know, the first verse and chorus (to the original) goes like this...

Everybody knows where you go when the sun goes down
I think you only live to see the lights of town
I wasted my time when I would try try try
'Cos when the lights have lost their glow you'll cry cry cry.

(Next Verse)

You're gonna cry cry cry and you'll cry alone
When everyone's forgotten and you're left on your own
You're gonna cry, cry, cry.

Here's the parody...

I think we all agree that feasting 's lots of fun
But it seems we only live to get the dishes done
For every pan that mama uses to fry fry fry
I scrub it clean and then he wipes it dry dry dry.

We're gonna dry dry dry
And we'll dry some more
Until the counter sparkles and there's nuttin on the floor
We're gonna dry, dry, dry....

Clever?

2 comments:

Olivia Howard said...

Cute! Funny! Silly! Awesome! Good Job!

Ruby Jean Hopkins said...

So glad you think so, Olivia. Your opinion matters. ;-) Haha, I'm trying to sound tacky. :) Thanks.

~Ruby