Monday, March 16, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day

Many of you know that Saint Patrick's Day is my favorite day of the year. It has been ever since I can remember. It's not because of the corned beef... it's not because I'm a "go green!" kind of person. (Except when it comes to Spring.) I love it because Spring is just around the corner, because it represent Truth and Light coming into the pagan Ireland. I'd love to write my own little summary of Patrick's life, but I don't think that I... can... write... a good thorough narrative... But I do know someone who has written a very good and (I am almost certain) reliable one, and that is Pastor Serven. The link to the article is here. I especially love the poem at the end. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like your opinion on St. Patrick's Day. Minor holidays like St. P's Day and ST. Valentine's Day often bug me, because of all the foolish fluff that people have put into it. How many people in the world do you suppose actually think about St. Patrick on his day? What about St. Valentine?
This post was a good reminder that even though others don't celebrate the real holiday, I can, and I can do it with spirit.

Love you!
Hannah