Friday, June 19, 2009

New Viewpoint!

Today I was getting a stuffy nose and watery eyes... it was due to some sort of allergic reaction to our cats. Winston likes to sleep on our bed, and they also hadn't been bathed in awhile... So, to remedy these two things, we gave the cats baths (yes, they do look like rats) and I changed our sheets. (yes, I do feel much better :D). Anyways, our bed is situated in a corner, so it's kinda hard to get the sheets on... Especially since on the one side the ceiling slopes down... (living in the attic does that to you. :P) So, as I was toiling to get the one corner on, I gave up, and plopped my head upside down on the bed... (I had been working on my knees). My head was facing the rest of the room, and all of a sudden, I realized this important fact...

I hadn't seen our room from this perspective before!

This gave me a divine revelation: when we look at something, the first impression sticks, and we don't normally put ourselves in odd angles just to see if there's a better perspective. Now this was a timely revelation, especially since our family is faced with some pretty difficult decisions right now. However, this taught me that no matter how much I may not want to do something, I could look at it from a different perspective - pick out the blessings, instead of the disadvantages... Not that the latter shouldn't be considered, but the blessings will help one to be thankful in all circumstances, "...for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus."

And I know there was something else I wanted to say, but like always...

... I forget what it was. :-) If I think of it later, I'll add it to this post. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh. I wish I was that smart.
You're a divine revalation-ish person.

-Rach

Hannah L. said...

Thanks so much, Ruby. I like.


~Hannah