Saturday, April 25, 2009

Little Boys And Warriors For Christ




Luther, on his sixth birthday, was sitting in the car with his mother and suddenly started rambling on about what he's going to do when he's a Daddy....

"I' gonna teach my children to be sober minded and chew with their mouths closed, and to love the bible. I'm gonna read the bible to my kids every night and every day and tell them to bring their bibles to church and take them upstairs. I'm gonna teach my children never to turn their backs on Daddy and God."

Mother: "What do you mean by turning their backs on God and Daddy, Luther?"

Luther: "When daddy tells us something to do, and we don't do it... we just turn around and walk away. That's wrong. I'm going to teach them not to do that to Daddy or God."

O! This little warrior for Christ! He's already fighting his Lord's battles.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Maureen C:

Wow, that's really impressive for him being so young! He's more clear-headed and sure in his knowledge than a lot of adults.
It seems like he has a pretty good grasp of right and wrong and what's pleasing to the Lord even at a young age.

Some of us spend our lives trying to arrive at the same knowledge that he so beautifully possesses. Some of us seek and seek and seek for years to find ourselves and our place in this world and what life is all about and never find the answers and we become lost and confused.

How wonderful that Luther at a young age is able to articulate himself clearly and maturely and respectfully. He is definitely on the right track and I hope he holds on to that knowledge because the world with all its sins and evils may snatch his joy, his purpose, his knowledge, the mature wisdom that he has.

I pray that as he grows older, that he only increases in his godly wisdom and that he can hold onto it despite anything that may happen around him, that he holds on to the pearls of wisdom that he already has.

We can learn a lot from him and age has nothing to do with maturity, age doesn't guarantee that we know anymore than those who are younger than us. I learn that God is a loving father and we should never turn our backs on God, because it breaks His heart, and He as a loving father, never turns away from us. We turn away from Him.


"I'm gonna teach my children never to turn their backs on Daddy and God."

Mother: "What do you mean by turning their backs on God and Daddy, Luther?"


O! This little warrior for Christ! He's already fighting his Lord's battles.

The name Luther means People Army so his name definitely suits him as a warrior and defender.


Neighbor in Christ,

Maureen C.

EmmaElaine said...

OMGoodness! I love hearing about *really* young men starting to fight the good fight so early! Just imagine what he's going to be like later! I'm sure he'll be mighty wise fo' a man o' ours time. :-D I'm staring to wish that I was a lot younger so I could marry him someday... ;-) I remember "Luther are you going to help your wife with the dishes?" Luther: *thinks for a moment* "No, I'm going to do them for her." *giggles* You gotta love him...

~Emma